Spencer, Glenda, Chef Walter, and Kim
Kim and Walter Eagleton were married in 1985, and had their first “travel adventure” to England and France in 1986. Since that time, they have traveled throughout the States, Europe, the British Isles, New Zealand, the Mediterranean, Scandinavia, the Caribbean, and Mexico. After one “surprise” trip to France (Kim has a history of planning trips with destinations unbeknownst to Walter until they arrive at the airport!) in which they spent a glorious week at the Walnut Grove Cookery enhancing their cooking skills in the beautiful Loire Valley, they have both fallen in love with the countryside and the lifestyle, and now reside in the western Loire Valley of France. Kim and Walter have two wonderful sons.
Artistic Gourmet Adventures is the result of many friends and acquaintances expressing a desire to “tag along” on one of their trips. After many cruises, tours, and excursions, Kim and Walter decided they really enjoyed the “small, intimate group” experience, and launched Artistic Gourmet Adventures to provide such an experience to others.
By profession, Kim is a Women’s Health Care Nurse Practitioner, but loves the challenge of planning and organizing travel adventures, and caring for people, as well as co-hosting many gourmet dinner parties with Walter.
Walter is a professional photographer (*PPA Certified, Master Photographer, Photographic Craftsman), a photographic instructor, and owned a portrait studio in Denton, Texas for 23 years. Now a prior employee-photographer is at the helm-www.eagletonphotography.com. As many know, Walter is an avid cook. He received his Diplôme de Cuisine Chef training at the prestigious Le Cordon Bleu Culinary Institute in Paris, France. In addition, Walter has prepared many multi-course dinners for up to 22 guests in an intimate venue (where he is a “guest Chef”) and for charity. As part of a giving back to the community, Walter and Kim began donating a series of five-six course dinners to be auctioned off at charitable events. One such dinner sold for over $5000 and ‘beat out’ a dinner to be prepared by the namesake of a famous restaurant chain! On all our Adventures, Chef Walter works his magic in the kitchen for our Adventurers using locally grown and available produce. Truly the Taste of the Region!
Glenda Lemons has been with us since our first Adventure where she was a guest. We couldn’t keep her out of the kitchen, so she retired early and we hired her! Glenda is also a Women’s Health Care Nurse Practitioner. Kim and Glenda worked happily together prior to the conception of AGA.
And in 2018, Walter and Kim’s son, Spencer, was added to the team. As a professional barista and mixologist, creates wonderful beverages for the guests. Spencer is also an amazing photographer and journalist.
Kim, Walter, Glenda and Spencer all enjoy making people happy, be it through the service of food, travel or photography instruction. Every attention to detail is considered to make Artistic Gourmet Adventures an experience of a lifetime.
You will not find another boutique small group tour company that presents . . .
- Delicious gourmet meals prepared by your own private Le Cordon Bleu-Paris Alum Chef to your specifications.
- Relaxed, detail free, worry free! We take care of you from the minute we greet you until the minute you are on your way to your next adventure!
- Stunning accommodations of character and charm. Our own Châteaux, Villas, Castles, Chalets and Manor houses, deluxe bedrooms, all with private baths
- Small groups of 6-14 Adventurers
- Private van transportation (no big buses!)
- Itinerary changes available to conform to the groups desires
- Personal concierge service pre- and post-Adventure
- Owner guided Adventures – we are with you throughout the Adventure!
- All excursions included – no extra cost
- Private be-spoke Adventures and seminars available
- More repeat Adventurers than any other small group tour company we know. Find out for yourself why! This is the year!
“First class hosts, fun adventures, and 5 star food. I’ve been two years in a row and will go again!”-C.P.